Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #23 - WOO HOO !!

While I found Classroom 2.0 on Ning to be a little "busy" as a site, I definitely think it could be used as a very informational and helpful tool for the classroom teacher. The discussion forums offer an opportunity to throw new ideas out there and get feedback from other professionals, or to just share things that have been successful in your own room. I was however disappointed when I tried to find some physical education groups and ideas. There was very little to be found. I did come across an idea that was started by a user that wanted to use Skype to show different pe lessons and ideas from different parts of the world. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. This teacher had to make sure he had permission from the parents to broadcast this idea. We have to think about all the legalities before we get too carried away with technology. The idea didn't take off like the poster wanted but vowed to try again this year. I view Classroom 2.0 Ning as a supportive site that I will now bookmark and put in my "toolbox" and hopefully the pe groups and forums will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment